Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pan STARRS from the FSQ106/11 meg Atik.

The comet is becoming easier in the NE before dawn. I gave our new Takahashi FSQ106 an airing with the Atik 11000 mono. This is just 1 minute per channel in LRGB. The setup covers almost 4 x 3 degrees of arc, so quite a lot.

EM200 mount.

SE France, Lat 4419, Long OO5.38E.

Olly

PAN%20STARRS%2014%2004%202013%20LAST%20IMAGE-XL.jpg

Nice one, like the star colours and the colour of the tail.

Thanks. The thing about star colour is that you are best with very little data! The more you have, the more you blow out the colour. This, so far as the stars are concerned, is a three minute exposure. It would be four minutes but I erased the luminance layer from the stars because it reduced star colour and increased star size.

Olly

I do like your star technique. Having seen it on our M31 it makes perfect sense.

BTW - A mate of mine in the print advertising industry did some A2 prints of our M31. Stonkingly good. I will bring some down for you if you want.

Cheers

Ian

I do like your star technique. Having seen it on our M31 it makes perfect sense.

BTW - A mate of mine in the print advertising industry did some A2 prints of our M31. Stonkingly good. I will bring some down for you if you want.

Cheers

Ian

Oh yesssss!!!!

Olly

Rather on the nice side that one Olly! Some nice star colour goes a long way.

Exactly. We need to learn from this. I have never before posted an image of a starfield based on a ludicrous sixty seconds per filtre but the stars have some advantages. The trick will be how to build on this.

Olly

Archived