SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lincolnshire star camp May Bank Hol W'kend

We aim to be there between 4 and 5pm. Still not sure which scope to bring yet - decisions, decisions!

By the way, is there a pub nearby to get a meal in, anyone know?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will on site about 9am I would say. Sale are playing Wasps and the game won't be finished till almost 5pm. Its a two and half hour drive to North Lincs to load up my gear and drive over to you lot.

Grand...

We aim to be there between 4 and 5pm. Still not sure which scope to bring yet - decisions, decisions!

By the way, is there a pub nearby to get a meal in, anyone know?

The Green Man at Scamblesby is about 2 miles away..

Cool - at least we have a rain refuge then :).

I've got some baader solar film...now need to get some time to try the old blue peter making things with sticky-back plastic and getting an adult to do the cutting for me, then I'll have me very own solar filter!

Very happy now...looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday and good luck to the advance party tomorrow night!

Well, i reluctantly dragged myself away from Badger farm, after what i have to honestly say was a superb weekend, the skies at night were some of the best i have seen, with fantastic horizons

the company was top rate, Benson (cols black labrador) provided great entertainment running around the fields at a near greyhound speed :grin:

will post more when i have put my gear away, but have to say well done Col for putting us onto this lovely venue, it could not have been better :cool:

Just arrived home to a nice cool house.

Have to say it really was something quite special and what a pleasure the whole weekend has been.

I don't think we could have asked for anything more. Great to meet Jules, Marki and Sarah for the first time.... Best get my room tidied up...:)

We had great weekend, much better than we expected. Fantastic site, great company, lovely relaxed atmosphere, a nice selection of 'scopes to peer through, and two brilliant clear nights of good seeing!

A couple of scopes from the camp, my TAL 100rs and Marki`s gorgeous skylight f13

Forgot to say, had such a great time at badger farm, we will be organizing another later in the year

post-8850-0-99039900-1367860509_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-49433100-1367860542_thumb.jp

I shall be posting this week about the next one with prelim dates being for the 27th Sept or 4th Oct.

Excellent, really enjoyed this weekend, thank you Col

Here is 2 three minutes of part of Cygnus. I blew it on getting some bias and most of my imaging efforts were rather poor but it was enough to get me back to thinking I'll give some more wide field a go with this little sigma lens.

post-13491-0-71799900-1367939313_thumb.j

Matt, you probably need more data on M51, but looks like your alignment was good, nice work.

Your widefield of Cygnus is a good reminder of the great skies we had Col.

Cheers Matt, I look forwards to meeting up there again one night over the next 2-3 weeks if we can I'd really like to spend a little more time on getting myself a decent Milky Way..:)

I know I need a faster memory card though, well I think I do but it may be best for me to ask a few questions to.

Archived