Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lincolnshire star camp May Bank Hol W'kend

This is a follow on to Easter Star Camp posted by Nightfisher.

As finding a suitable change of venue was proving difficult for this bank holiday weekend I suggested to Jules (Nightfisher) a field in the shire.

The venue is a place called Badger Farm, Asterby, Lincs, LN11 9UE.

The site is not an official camp site as such and therefore is limited on facilities. It has 4 very clean eco loos, a couple of stand pipes (no showers) and a few electric hook ups. The electric however is only for basics like lap tops, phone chargers and gear charging, so NO fridges or kettles we will have to boil our water on gas stoves and you'll have to have your shower with wet wipes. It is also asked by the land owners that we take responsibility for our own rubbish.

The venue itself is a good site and I am sure that others will be able to confirm this as I understand one of the local groups has used the site for a meteor shower weekend.. Horncastle is about 15 mins drive away for shopping and cafes.

The google maps link is here..

Here is a light pollution snip

post-13491-0-98281300-1365448311_thumb.j

The cost is £5.00 per person per night and should it come to that we need to use the generator for electrics we will have to chuck in an extra couple of quid each for diesel. The available electric comes from a wind generator hence why we are limited on use (this time round anyway). There is also crew hut on site.

We are looking for around 15 people, maybe a few more if it generates interest. We currently have 5 so if you are interested either post here or pm Nightfisher or myself.

Any questions then fire away...

Date as in tag...4th, 5th May, if there are people who would like to go for the Friday night we can arrange this but I would like there to be at least 5 of us to do this.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Col

Looks as if me and Sarah can both make it on the 4th and 5th. Happy to chip in extra for power if we need to, but will just remember to charge all my gizmos and power tank the night before we come :). Think the Friday is not possible for me though.

Now all we need to do is pray for good weather and decide which scope(s) to bring :)

Cheers!

Archived