Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lincolnshire star camp May Bank Hol W'kend

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be taking Lara and my 10" newt with a dob base and the eq6. All being well t-bird will be bringing his 12" and I think vince66 has a C11 and I'm hoping that will be coming with him. So I don't think we should be doing too bad with dark skies but a 16 will always be welcomed.....? :)

I just hope i get a bit of practice in with my C11 before the star camp or I'm going to look a Wally if i don't know what I'm doing with it... LOL :embarrassed:

Ive just got in from using the 200p with the HEQ5 pro, finally got it aligned tonight. So was just playing around with it, need to learn how to properly polar align it and everything though, but a good first use none the less :)

Still need to find someone with a tent for this, although one of my friends said its much more comfortable to put the back seats down, pad it out and sleep there!

I will turn up for a chat and a cuppa on the Saturday, As I live all of 10 mins drive from the site I won't stay the night (comfy bed vs lumpy tent hmmmm, no contest). My scopes are firmly bolted into the dome so won't bring kit but it would be nice to meet some other members in the flesh.

Robin

Well im afraid to say that im going to have to pull out of the Saturday night, as i said i would help my Sister with something months ago (naturally, i forgot lol). But i should be good for the Sunday night still, and Friday night if weather is clear and we decide to head up early.

Archived