NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader 2-inch Click-Lock System

We have noticed Baader 2-inch Click-Lock adapters being recommended on the forum so have put some into stock :smiley:

The Baader Click-Lock system is probably the quickest, easiest and most secure method of fitting an eyepiece, camera, diagonal or other accessory with 2-inch nosepiece to a telescope.

baader_click-lock_sct_2956220.JPG

Features:

• 20-degree rotation is enough to firmly secure your 2” accessory.
  • Ratchet function for easy use in the dark.
  • Tension rings grip firmly without scratching and does not cause indentations.
  • CL-terminals available for many telescope systems.
  • The position of the rotary lever is adjustable by 6 camera-head screws or 6 Allen keys so can be set-up for left or right-handed operation.

The following Click-Lock adapters are all available from stock.

The Baader 2956247 with 2-inch nosepiece is designed to add the fast Click-Lock clamping feature to existing 2-inch focusers.

baader_click-lock_extension_2956247_thumb.jpg

The Baader 2956220 fits SCT telescopes with standard 2" threaded back such as the Meade 8" and the Celestron 8" and 9 1/4".

baader_click-lock_sct_2956220_thumb.JPG

The Baader 2956256 fits a Skywatcher ED80, 100, 120 and other telescopes with an M56 thread at the end of the focuser draw tube.

baader_clicklock_2956256_thumb.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baader Clicklock is one of the best twist lock system on the market.

I have the 2956247 2" extension tube. It's actually a 2"-SCT adapter and a SCT-2" click lock clamp/SCT visual back (2956220). I use the nose piece on an eyepiece turret and the clamp first as a SCT visual back and now as the 2" clamp on my Baader prism.

can you get the clicklock system to fit a 2" diagonal i.e. a revalations. thanks

Unless the 2" clamp in the revelation can be removed to show a SCT thread, you won't be able to retrofit it to a 2" diagonal. Baader sells a 2" dielectric diagonal with click lock clamp. You can also fit the click lock clamp to a Baader T2 diagonal using a Baader T2-SCT adapter, but it may vignette with very wide field eyepiece.

I must say I am a little confused as to the actual attachment of it to the back of the scope?? With my C9.25 there is obviously the threaded tube sticking out of the back of the ota, but on the picture of the C9.25 compatible clicklock there doesn't appear to be enough space to accomodate a thread and where do the 6 allen grub screws come into it? I would have thought that if there is a thread on the inside of the clicklock you would just wind it in as far as it would go and give it a little nip?

Like I say I am mearly going by what I can see on the photo. Hopefully someone will be able to give me the full picture as to how it would attach to the rear of my ota?

I must say I am a little confused as to the actual attachment of it to the back of the scope?? With my C9.25 there is obviously the threaded tube sticking out of the back of the ota, but on the picture of the C9.25 compatible clicklock there doesn't appear to be enough space to accomodate a thread and where do the 6 allen grub screws come into it? I would have thought that if there is a thread on the inside of the clicklock you would just wind it in as far as it would go and give it a little nip?

Like I say I am mearly going by what I can see on the photo. Hopefully someone will be able to give me the full picture as to how it would attach to the rear of my ota?

The clicklock visual back still have the regular female SCT thread. Since releasing the Clicklock and unthreading the visual back both uses a counter clockwise twist, occasionally untightening the Clicklock can cause the SCT thread to unthread instead. The grub screw clamps onto the SCT thread to stop this happening. It's isn't necessary but it's useful if you have the back installed in the long term. I didn't need to use the grub screw on mine.

Also, it's great if you have heavy off centred accessories because the grub screws will also stop those from undoing the SCT visual back

I posted some pictures of the clicklock installation on my C6 a while back. It's near the bottom of this thread.

http://stargazerslou...allow-rotation/

Daft question,is the lever removeable,seems to be something you could catch with your sleeve/gloves in the dark?

The silver lever is not removable. I guess it is possible someone could catch clothing on it but I haven't heard of anyone doing that.

do u ship to sweden? i know u do not ship scopes but what about accesories?

Yes :smiley:

We have only just added them to our website but James will add delivery options to other EU countries very soon.

We have a surprisingly large customer base in Sweden. We don't speak Swedish so don't know why but I guess we must be known on a Swedish astro forum. If you post there please pass on my thanks for their support :icon_salut:

Could I use this one Baader 2956247 in my 300pds crayford focuser?

It will fit but you will probably struggle to achieve focus because it adds 47mm to the light path.

Thank-you for your advice in this thread Keith :smiley:

If there are other Baader Click-Lock adapters and accessories you think we should stock, please say.

Steve

I must say that I love all Baader accessories. Brilliant, well thought out with the added bonus of German engineering (but I assume they are made in the far east though, but will be initially designed in Germany).

The modular design of the Hyperions, the big, chunky and rifle type rdf finderscope that is the SkySurfer V and the Quicklock adapters.

Really great stuff.

We also stock the smaller Baader Click-Lock 1.25" Eyepiece Adapter with T-2 Thread. It screws onto a male T-thread and accepts eyepieces, cameras and other accessories fitted with a 1.25" nosepiece. It is proving popular with imagers using Off Axis Guiders because it allows you to fit guide cameras quickly and easily.

Baader Click-Lock adapter with T2 thread

baader-click-lock-eyepiece-clamp-2458100.JPG

It is proving popular with imagers using Off Axis Guiders because it allows you to fit guide cameras quickly and easily.

The Baader T-thread to 1.25" Helical Focuser adapter is also popular with imagers. It isn't part of the Click-Lock family but it screws directly onto a T-thread, holds an eyepiece, camera, etc with 1.25" nosepiece and features a helical focuser :glasses2:

Baader 2458125 Helical Focuser

baader_helical_focuser_2458125.JPG

It is proving popular with imagers using Off Axis Guiders because it allows you to fit guide cameras quickly and easily.

That's exactly my set up. I have the version with the Big SCT thread for the larger Meades and Celestrons and I can't tell you how good it is. Might be interested in the version with the Takahashi thread if you can get hold of those Steve...

What are the advantages of these over other attachment methods?

It's really secure and very quick, Lawrence. With cold fingers it's very easy to attach awkward / heavy equipment and a quick twist of the barrel and it's very secure. It also seems to seat the equipment really well - better than thumb screws working on a compression ring.

I must admit that I went for one because I couldn't find other options with a Big SCT thread that were any good, but the system is so good that I would consider it as an upgrade for any scope.

I am just a click away from ordering the 2" version along with the Willams Optics Dielectric diagonal. No more accidental detachments of the eyepiece/diagonal. And it doesn't mark or scratch anything either. My C9.25 is crying out for it!!!

I was wondering. Is there and adaptor for this diagonal that converts it from 2" to 1.25"? Martin recommended the Willams Optics Carbon 2" Dielectric and I know that comes supplied with the converter collar.

Archived