Quick process of first light with my SXVFH9

MikeD

Although the conditions were not perfect (haze in the air), I could not resist a quick run on M81 with the CCD I picked up at SGL8 (thanks again Helen :grin: )

I had some issues with spacing of the MMCP, the thread on the SXVFH9 is slightly different than that of the HX916 ( or the worn thread on the HX916 allowed the spacer I was using to fit) , so I am going to have to visit my friend with a lath and knock up a new cam to filter wheel spacer to get it right.

I did run the HX916 on the 80ed on the same target at the same time but without a CLS filter ( need to get another one if anyone has one they want to part with :wink: ) and for some reason I elected to run the darks and bias frames with the light box still attached (and swithed on) to the end of the 80Ed, so I haven't processed that data but the raws show that my old friend differential flexure is back. :rolleyes:

Very pleased with the noise levels in the subs compared to the HX916.

7 x 800 seconds through the 10" newt and SXVFH9 off axis guided with a DMK21

Mike.

post-730-0-71957800-1363595832_thumb.jpg

There'll be no stopping you now Mike, with a proper camera :D The H9 is awesome.

Sorry I didn't introduce myself properly at SGL8, I clocked the name "Anthony" in the caravan and didn't put 2 and 2 together, it was only later when I was talking to Kev and commented how nice the images were from your 10" newt that he pointed out that you are MikeD! Doh!

Archived