NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fake skywatcher uhc filter ?

Don't worry, the Skywatcher filters (and some of the eyepieces for that matter) do not have Skywatcher written anywhere on them. From your picture that is the same style box i have with the Skywatcher OIII filter.

I've just got an OIII filter from Amazon, described as a Skywatcher filter and also in the same packaging as your photo - Amazon source these through Widescreen Centre - all it says on the size is "optics O-III filter" - I would believe these are genuine

There is a lot of badge engeneering of scopes / filters and various accessories, Orion (USA), Skywatcher , Celestron , Antares to name a few i'd not worry.

If you buy say Baader / astronomik and other more expensive brands they do come in Branded packaging.

There is a lot of badge engeneering of scopes / filters and various accessories, Orion (USA), Skywatcher , Celestron , Antares to name a few i'd not worry.

Yup. I bet lots of them just buy the stuff from the same factory and it's cheaper if they don't have it branded with their name.

James

I've just got an OIII filter from Amazon, described as a Skywatcher filter and also in the same packaging as your photo - Amazon source these through Widescreen Centre - all it says on the size is "optics O-III filter" - I would believe these are genuine

how much did that set you back mate ?

I have bought 2 skywatcher filters in the last couple of years ( a 1.25" LP and subsequently the 2" version) and neither have a brand name on them and your box looks identical to the one my 1.25" was supplied in - both bought from reputable dealers.

Archived