Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st Televue Eyepiece

lw24

Hi all,

Just managed to pick up a used 7.4mm smoothside Televue plossl (mainly for lunar/planetary observation). Was going to have a look at the Moon tonight, but as per usual, the clouds rolled in.

post-12213-0-18428300-1363291043_thumb.j

Now on the lookout for a 32mm :smiley:

lw24

Sorry mate I have run out of cardboard boxes to hand out to all these members hit by yet another televue epidemic that seems to be sweeping the country. I have a really nice large one I managed to be able to cut a small window in mine to make it more homely.

All joking aside I have never seen one of those before, are they rare?

Alan

Sorry mate I have run out of cardboard boxes to hand out to all these members hit by yet another televue epidemic that seems to be sweeping the country. I have a really nice large one I managed to be able to cut a small window in mine to make it more homely.

Alan

I seem to be completely immune to this epidemic. And i think i know the antidote. Just inoculate yourself with 'empty bank balance' and you are cured, For a while at least.

Alan

Alan i think i got your last box after i bought the Delos last week :D i bought my first Green EP the other week now in just over a week i have 2 here and a 12mm Nagler in the pipeline the difference a good bit of glass makes the viewing that much better

Nice eyepiece and the shortest focal length plossl Tele Vue ever made. I think there were 2 generations of the "smoothside" TV plossls and yours looks like it's from the 2nd gen. The 1st gen looked pretty much the same but had an "NP" mark rather than the "®". Both made in Japan. The 1st gen ones did not come with rubber eye cups. In due course the new design plossl (like the ones we see today) came out with the 7.4mm being replaced with an 8mm as the shortest focal length.

Very sharp and contrasty eyepieces.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived