Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Guernsey

KeithB

welcome keith, i bet the skies are pretty good out there in the chanel islands ? i have been to jersey as i have family out there, but never been to guernsey.

I think we are pretty lucky with the light here. No street lights near me, just the occasional neighbour's house lights!

Keith

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Keith and welcome to the forum. Just picking up on John's (glowjet) suggestion above of Turn Left At Orion, you might want to take a look at these extracts from the book to illustrate its usefulness. You can scroll up and down through the selected pages to view for yourself how useful both the written instructions and the illustrated maps are in finding any given object. The book can be downloaded but from what I read the some of the illustrated details prove a little difficult to read, though the latest printed edition is now spiral bound making it very easy to use "in the field".

Clear skies soon and enjoy the forum.

James

Turn Left at Orion arrived today. Must have come on the (delayed) boat as the airport has been snowed in for the last 3 days.

Looks like a great book. Browsing through I'm already making plans for the next clear night. Sunny now, so fingers crossed.

Archived