Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clear Skys Tonight

jeremy1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good at the moment, bit hazy on the horizon, put portable setup out to cool, been trying for weeks to practice with it before SGL8.

Put all out last week only for it to cloud over as soon as it got dark, fingers crossed :)

Dave

First clear skies I've seen in awhile! Hopefully get around 4 messiers tonight.

Scope is cooling down as we speak, day off tomorrow and the Glenmorangie to keep me warm. A perfect Sunday by the sounds of it!

Regards,

m12

Got a couple of hours in before the clouds returned. First night with everything working spot on. GOTO was landing dead on top of everything. Could have been a really epic session but for the clouds, but musn't grumble at getting something in. Two nights on the trot! 3 would be too much to hope for?!

Just got back in for the horizon programme which was good as usual. Was the channel 4 programme worth watching?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Popped my head out the door before going to bed last night and........ Damn them clouds had gone away and I'm just stood there in my dressing gown calling the cat in. Never mind I had a watch of Horizon and the Meteorite that hit Russia. :)

the horizon show was bad i thought. They replayed the same content about 8 - 10 times. Large parts of that I'd seen in other documetaries, that whol part about the Namibian desert impact for example. Looked like it was a rushed out the door rehash of new and old content while meteors are current news. Shabby for the bbc in my opinion.

It's a little hazy here, bit clearing. The Met Office say clear sky for a couple of hours or so whilst forecast.co.uk say clear sky all night. Anyone's guess, then...

James

Weather forecast says it's clear tonight, as it did last night, but I am having a layer of semi opaque cirrostratus covering the whole sky. It'd appear the Met office doesn't classify these very annoying thin clouds as cloud.

While they don't rain, trying to look through them with a telescope is like trying to look through frosted glass.

As bad as I'd feared. The met office would say it's clear but there's a thick orange haze / glare all the way to the zenith. Nothing visible below 2nd mag. Giving it a miss for tonight.

Trouble is, there's nothing clear forcast for the rest of the week.

Archived