Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Big sock for the 200P...

emadmoussa

Not quite a sock ;) just wondering if anybody found a common everyday object that can be used as a cover for the OTA..? Kinda tube case...

Currently I use a big plastic bag which my wife thinks is painfully eyesoring :) So in order to keep her happy and subsequently my flow of astro equipment, there's an urgent need for a solution for this dilemma.

I second that... shower caps... buy a multipack in Tesco... dirt cheap, elasticated.....perfect!

Just on this, I had to buy a couple of packs as they have variable sizes and I got 3 that just wouldnt stretch. Had to buy 5 in the end to get 2 that would fit. Mines a 10 inch though they probably would al fit a 8 inch.

Definitely these arent an option for 12 inch+

i bought a pizza oven cover for my 200p but its a dob so not sure how it will work on your set-up, they come in different sizes though and there are ones for chineas too, see link below for the pizza oven one...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cover-The-Castmaster-Pizza-Oven/dp/B00382F0G6/ref=sr_1_7 s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1362084420&sr=1-7

i bought a pizza oven cover for my 200p but its a dob so not sure how it will work on your set-up, they come in different sizes though and there are ones for chineas too, see link below for the pizza oven one...

http://www.amazon.co...F0G6/ref=sr_1_7 s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1362084420&sr=1-7

Not a bad idea, like it. It will look like a ghost in the living room. :)

I just made up an MDF box to store mine indoors ( OTA only ). For outdoors I use a camping toilet tent and just open the door and slide it over, if its going to be out for a while I peg the guy ropes as well, totally weather proof and provided I peg it down correctly it can withstand strong winds as well.

Ian :smiley:

I just made up an MDF box to store mine indoors ( OTA only ). For outdoors I use a camping toilet tent and just open the door and slide it over, if its going to be out for a while I peg the guy ropes as well, totally weather proof and provided I peg it down correctly it can withstand strong winds as well.

Ian :smiley:

Mmm...that's intriguing, Ian. Any photos at all?

Good Idea could do with a tent or cover , I left my scope outside for half an hour once, to cool I took off the moon cover on the lid , , when I returned I found a huge bird Rubbish from a seagul all over the end of the scope it's a miracle it didn't go in the moon cap hole and down the mirror,

Archived