Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Phillips Planisphere

Here is a video for how to use the Phillips Planisphere.

Done by the Astronomy and Nature TV channel on youtube from Scope and Skies.

Even I learned something from watching this, so it is worth a look and to learn from.

What a great video. I've always dismissed the planisphere as just a toy and I've never really understood them. I now see what a useful tool it is, especially for planning a nights observations. Love the finding of planets part. I think I will be buying one despite the fact that I've given them away in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great video. I've always dismissed the planisphere as just a toy and I've never really understood them. I now see what a useful tool it is, especially for planning a nights observations. Love the finding of planets part. I think I will be buying one despite the fact that I've given them away in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never under estimate that planisphere. Valuable tool for outdoors and for some reason, does not need batteries.

I have a Philip's Planisphere pinned to my bedroom wall as a reminder to me of where i started and with what i started out with (10x50 bins and a planisphere). It is the simplest and most usable piece of kit anyone can understand and use.

I bought my new one a couple of yrs ago, and i have to say it was not the easiest thing to find in Dublin. Every book shop was sold out and had no idea of when new stock would be in.

Why?

Stargazers Live on BBC.

I could do with getting a new one. I have the small Phillips one, it's too small really though does fit in the binocular case so I keep it there. I've also got the David Chandler two-sided one which it's good and clear, but mine's for American latitudes!

Found in general I'll turn to one if I haven't been observing for a bit. If I was out the previous week I'll know what's up anyway.

Archived