NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81/82 A full set of subs.. at last

Sp@ce_d

Made the most of the first couple of nights clearish sky for months, long enough to get a set of subs with the Atik for a change without resorting to the dslr for colour.

Captured on the ZS66/Atik 314L+ setup

14 x 600 L = 140mins

11 x 600 R = 110mins

11 x 600 G = 110mins

11 x 600 B = 110mins

Still trialing PI, followed Harrys PI tutorials for this :icon_salut: with a couple of tweeks in CS3.

post-11176-0-05962000-1361494652_thumb.j

Hmm you're right.. looking at it in the cold light of day! I think its the processing.. bet it was poor attention to the mask with Atrous wavelets.. I don't think I was paying attention to the stars either too busy watching the galaxy. whilst picking sections of Harrys excellent tutorials to try out. I did this late last night, after staring at a screen all day at work.. and I'm waiting for new glasses.. that's my excuse anyway :tongue:

There does seem to have been some high level moisture.. the ones I shot alongside on the DSLR setup show it quite bad.. not sure if I'll bother with those. Was going to do them as a comparison post.

I'll do it again if I get a chance over the weekend.. I'm wondering if the balance of L to RGB is too low as well.

Lovely. Further convinced I need to move to CCD.

Typed by me on my fone, using fumms... Excuse eny speling errurs.

Well, I spent a long time justifying it to myself and when I finally did we had the worst run of clouds I can remember! So it's been very frustrating but I knew the first time I used it I had made the right decision.

Well, I spent a long time justifying it to myself and when I finally did we had the worst run of clouds I can remember! So it's been very frustrating but I knew the first time I used it I had made the right decision.

Same here but never looked back :) I love my Atik kit :) Yes, the weather has been attrocious lately :(

That new image is definitely better :) As you say, it's all practice.

Archived