Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cruel fate!

DaveGarland

Tell me about it! The Baker Street Irregular Astronomers took the (probably sensible) decision not to have the possibility of holding the monthly meeting on Valentines Day (normally the best weather day of Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday after New Moon is the window) for fear of incurring the wrath of their better halves.....And leaving us only the possibility of Tuesday or Wednesday, we had to cancel due to the rubbish weather! Thanks Clinton Cards and all other organisations who perpetuate the 14th of Feb to sell us things we don't need.

Now I better go and check that my flower order has been delivered and the restaurant for this evening is booked. :grin:

Well, my wife and I agree that Valentine's day sucks big time...no way we're gonna get sucked into consumerism and rubbish social occasions :) Between you and me, who knows?!! It's a good agreement...there might be clear skies tonight.

And yes, James...Valentine's meals these days contain dog and horse meat :D Depends on your sustenance, you'll either bark or neigh ;)

Well, my wife and I agree that Valentine's day sucks big time...no way we're gonna get sucked into consumerism and rubbish social occasions :) Between you and me, who knows?!! It's a good agreement...there might be clear skies tonight.

And yes, James...Valentine's meals these days contain dog and horse meat :D Depends on your sustenance, you'll either bark or neigh ;)

Here in the Netherlands they sell horse meat as just that, usually as sausage or thinly sliced smoked meat. Quite tasty and very lean, I am told. I have only ridden horses twice, both times in Indonesia, on scrawny little creatures so small that if I stretched my legs I could almost touch the ground. The stirrups were made for Indonesians, so it was near impossible to get my size 9 shoes in them, and when I had managed to get a toehold, my knees were near my ears. Adventurous? Yes! Comfortable? Not really. Since then I tend to agree with Gimli in the Lord of the Rings, who, whilst still having misgivings about riding horses, acknowledged the advantage over your own legs in that you could eat them when lost in the wild.

Here in the Netherlands they sell horse meat as just that, usually as sausage or thinly sliced smoked meat. Quite tasty and very lean, I am told. I have only ridden horses twice, both times in Indonesia, on scrawny little creatures so small that if I stretched my legs I could almost touch the ground. The stirrups were made for Indonesians, so it was near impossible to get my size 9 shoes in them, and when I had managed to get a toehold, my knees were near my ears. Adventurous? Yes! Comfortable? Not really. Since then I tend to agree with Gimli in the Lord of the Rings, who, whilst still having misgivings about riding horses, acknowledged the advantage over your own legs in that you could eat them when lost in the wild.

The only horse I rode was incredibly skinny...and it didn't have a saddle. Imagine sitting on top of a protruding spine...ouch!! On top of that, the horse was almost mentally retarded...couldn't get the directions right :D

I was just about to post something similar! Not only is it valentine's day, but I've had my new dob for two weeks now, which coincided with two weeks off work...we finally get clear skies tonight, and I have to be back in work tomorrow!

Regards,

m12

I've been looking at the sky all day, I recently collimated and been dying for a trying.

So, I got home, started to unpack the Tal, then I notice the card n pressie there for me on't table

also she's there with the nicest smile.

I had nothing to offer in return, apart from pledging my un-dying love for eternity (that never works)

"love is a bunch of roses from a petrol station" No!!

So, sh** shave shower, out for a slap up, holding hands across the table, second helping of death by chocolate etc.

So, happy partner=1 viewing session on the first clear nite of the year=0

So, no viewing, except the twinkle in her eye. so she's happy..

Belly now full of mammalian quadruped. washed down with that Italian larger where the tap is 2 meters above the bar and the staff have to have arms like Gibbons to use.

Back home now, but

Cant...

Seem...

To. move.

BTW, Never fall in love with a tennis player, love to a tennis player, means nothing.....

Archived