Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

February meeting

bamus

Hi Al. yes that would be good. been out in the garden this evening wrestling with the clouds. really to just practice with the mount and practice.. also going up and down in magnification on objects. managed about 30 minutes of practice before the sky's got the better of me

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both are fine Knobby :grin: really impressed with them...now its eyepieces....there is a certain 'graininess' to some of the Plossl's I got with the older R ..and was thinking about a set of Orthos (the new Baader classics) ...but need to wait till next month...keep saving!

Went out this morning for 10 minutes before 8am to look at the moon....clouds are still playing up though!...starting to see why this group are cloud dodgers aftetall!

Theirs a thread Here somewhere about the new BCOs vs the original BGOs somewhere, might be worth a search.

a quick cheapish upgrade might be a BST starguider, about £50 on EBay and if you don't like them they sell 2h for about £30 so not a massive loss.

what EPs do you have with the Tals ?

The TAL Super Plossl's (25 & 6.3 mm) with the RS, and then basic TAL Plossl's (25 and 10), plus what appears to be a Dark Star 17mm plossl, and a Dark Star 2 x barlow. bought a case for them to go in. Love the 25mm Super Plossl, nice and sharp, the 6.3 is useful / ok., but the other EPS seem to be older (they came with the R), and seem slightly grainy..even the 25...

So really I could buy the whole BCO set next month and may look to replace the Barlow as well (and consign the older EPs to the TAL box). Been following the review thread, and they seem to be the only orthos available or made...and the 18mm seems to be better than the original BGO.

Might be overkill going for the lot, but I have a lot of room in that EP case to fill up :grin:

My M45 from last weekend. Only 9 frames were usable, rest went to bin. I think it proves that it is worth to go out to dark sites :)

post-9894-0-52498200-1360103686_thumb.jp

That is brilliant. I'm well jell.

Apparently tonight is meant to stay clear all night.....now where did I put my thermals?

Archived