NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cloud Dodgers New Equipment thread

knobby

• 2 weeks later...

apuqu8yn.jpg

My Lodestar X2 finally arrived today. I ordered the X1 at first but saw that the newer version was on the horizon and decided to be patient.

Initially it will be used with a finder guider and my Mallincams but my primary reason for purchase is to use it in an OAG setup in the near future.

Looks like I'll get first light tonight :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just placed a huge order that i'm really excited about now:

SX Trius 694 Mono

SX 7 position filter wheel

EDGE 1100 Reducer

SX - OAG for filter wheel

Baader LRGB

Baader HA, OIII, SII

Will probably take a few weeks to possibly a month to arrive though, hopefully the skies will clear, either that or i've ruined the whole summer for everyone :)

• Like 3

The ADM CGEM DX accessory kit I ordered has just arrived! It replaces the plastic knobs with nice orange anodized aluminum ones. Although mostly aesthetic the main reason for the purchase was to replace the existing saddle knobs. 

I recently had an embarrassing moment where I tightened the saddle so much it took a pair of pliers to undo them to free the OTA. I'm sure I am being overly heavy handed and overprotective of my OTA but the existing handles were also really hard to grip.

post-31235-0-31748800-1400674950_thumb.jpost-31235-0-31932700-1400674951_thumb.jpost-31235-0-33850800-1400674952_thumb.j
Note: Within my post I have mentioned knobs, embarrasing moments, saddles and things that are hard to grip, i'm almost expecting a funny reply now.. lol
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just placed a huge order that i'm really excited about now:

SX Trius 694 Mono

SX 7 position filter wheel

EDGE 1100 Reducer

SX - OAG for filter wheel

Baader LRGB

Baader HA, OIII, SII

Will probably take a few weeks to possibly a month to arrive though, hopefully the skies will clear, either that or i've ruined the whole summer for everyone :)

Daniel just checking in this order.....was wondering why I drove to MR, and got rained on when Scope nights said it was 'good' all day ;-)...I assume some of it arrived on Wednesday? LOL.

kf not then we are doomed....

Got a new phone ... Does it count as Astro equipment ?

It's only Astro if it arrives packed with clouds. 

As such the new Skywatcher 200p i'm expecting to arrive tomorrow is most definitely not astro equipment. 

• Like 1

Happy Brithday to me (Next Monday), Happy Birthday to me (Next Monday)......repeat....

Sorry all....I could not resist one of these any longer....oh well, at least I can't moan that the stock focuser is poor anymore.

This an a focus mask arrived....so now have to start saving all over again for a camera.....guide scope, guide camera, new WO Star 71....the list goes on...

Anyway enjoy with me (can't stop fiddling with it!...I know I will go blind)). The only snag is as this weighs in at roughly 3 metric tonnes (8-)) I will now need to weigh down the front of the scope with another counter weight!

med_gallery_27945_3014_4324638.jpg

gallery_27945_3014_637516.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

...I really must resist,  its the new WO Star71 (Knobby, I know I was going to have a look at your Zenithstar, but thought what the hell...why not break the bank again.). 

Anyway, hopefully the clouds will stay away so I can have a go with it...

med_gallery_27945_3014_4252618.jpg

Edited by Blazar

• 2 weeks later...

Expect clear skies over the next week!

I just sent my mount head to Deep Space Products for a Hypertune, managed to find a great deal on shipping that made this worthwhile and I never really had the confidence to take it apart myself.

http://www.deepspaceproducts.com/HyperTune-Service_8_4226.html

So without mount for at least 7 days and I expect us to see some of the best skies this year so far now...

• Like 1