SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cloud Dodgers New Equipment thread

knobby

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I bit the bullet...sold my other mount and Edge800.....and can tell you the new one is about 5 times as heavy in all areas....its a beast.

gallery_27945_3014_41011.jpg

And the 2inch EP that comes with it is more like a hand grenade....

gallery_27945_3014_10440.jpg

Spent last evening configuring the mount, and updating its firmware....now its down to dragging the thing outside one evening, and checking optics and sorting out the finder scope alignment (as I don't want to drag it out during the day!) We do need to get out a bit more though...

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/29/2016 at 22:25, knobby said:

And Tempest C8 coolers 

IMAG0011_1.jpg

IMAG3310_1.jpg

Only just seen this! I was going to go and get some for the Edge1100.....how did you get on installing them? look awesome! I have the front mounted  college...though was going to add these as well.

31 minutes ago, knobby said:

Installing was very simple , just need to make sure cables inside miss the focuser.

I think they work pretty well, certainly seems to cool quicker.

Where did you pick them up from...UK or US?

• 2 years later...

First new kit in a while. Re-worked the guide scope on my WO Star71 for a new WO 50mm version, and on the 120mm handle bar. Was a little tight to get it to fit, but seems to be very stable. We will see how it goes when it goes onto the CGEM.

96306969_10224018432435354_1034180961840922624_n.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the recent patch of bad weather!

New setup with ASIair Pro, ZWO 120mm mini guide scope bundle.

Had to flip my camera and guide scope upside down to bring the toque down on the dec axis. Hopefully it will help a lot actually as it is under much less strain now than when I was running un-guided!

First light pending clear skies!

Who wants to bet the setup fails miserably on night one?!? 😆

IMG_6297 copy.jpg

• Like 1