Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosette collaboration.

ollypenrice

This is all FSQ but combines an earlier HaRGB done with Tom (Tom O'D) several years ago at 450mm, with some recent HaRGB at 328mm and a crisp new Ha layer taken by Ozdave with his QSI 683 in our scope. Other data is Atik 4000. I've lost track of how many hours this lot adds up to and it was not intended to be combined so there's some jiggery pokery and a 'Rosette' label lower right to hide a missing corner :icon_redface: ...

However, here's how it came out;

Ozdave%20Tom%20Olly%20WEB-X2.jpg

Olly

superb image Olly, love all the detail and star colours, and also all the jiggery pokery to combine it all together, including the label to cover the missing bit. :grin:

Reminds me of my recent Rosette where I combined DSLR and Ha from two different cameras and scopes, and as they were orientated differently I had to either take a huge crop, or fill the corners in with DSLR image only (I did the latter).

Shame you don't have all the details of what this is compiled from in hours.

It's great though being able to combine data from different sources and dates.

Carole

Yes, great result.

Just wondering why it sometimes blue in the centre but mostly just red

Mark

After forming from the hydrogen-dominated cloud we see as the Rosette, the central cluster NGC2244's stars are excavating a cavity around themselves in the centre. Like ungrateful children they are driving away their own parents as their radiation pressure repels the gasses around them. A shameful way to behave! :eek: However, the lack of signal in the centre is very obvious in Ha layers so I we can be confident that the central part should not be too red.

HaCrop-S.jpg

Olly

PS

As regards 3D, I did use some techniques from the art world in the processing (being the son of two artists and the husband of a third...) Foreground objects I sharpened, colour saturated and brightened a little while background ones were left softer and a little darker and paler. Only very slight adjustments though. Don't want to upset the scientists!

After forming from the hydrogen-dominated cloud we see as the Rosette, the central cluster NGC2244's stars are excavating a cavity around themselves in the centre. Like ungrateful children they are driving away their own parents as their radiation pressure repels the gasses around them. A shameful way to behave! :eek: However, the lack of signal in the centre is very obvious in Ha layers so I we can be confident that the central part should not be too red.

HaCrop-S.jpg

Olly

PS

As regards 3D, I did use some techniques from the art world in the processing (being the son of two artists and the husband of a third...) Foreground objects I sharpened, colour saturated and brightened a little while background ones were left softer and a little darker and paler. Only very slight adjustments though. Don't want to upset the scientists!

As a mere novice at image processing it staggers me that you can identify, isolate and then process foreground objects leaving the background intact. I may have to convince the wife that we need a holiday in France just so that I can learn the 'dark arts'

As a mere novice at image processing it staggers me that you can identify, isolate and then process foreground objects leaving the background intact. I may have to convince the wife that we need a holiday in France just so that I can learn the 'dark arts'

When I started I saw a processing video course which talked of the 'zone system' in which different parts of the image were processed differently. I could see the point but had no idea how to acheive it. In fact Photoshop and Pixinsight have a range of selection tools. Of the two Photoshop's suit me far better because I can isolate most things from, say, individual hot pixels in the green channel to background regions around a foreground object, adjust them and then select only those parts of the adjustment which worked. You just need to learn all of photoshops many selection tools and fathom the layering facility.

But I'd be delighted to show you first hand, of course.

Olly

Archived