stearm

Hi all, i am new to astronomy and have just bought myself a skywatcher explorer 103p synscan az goto after months of pondering. I decided on this one as i am partially sighted and thought that the computerised motor would be useful. 1 question i have is can anyone suggest a cheap carrying case of some description??? Look forward to talking and exchanging info (as i am going to need it) soon.

thanks all.

Hi, welcome to SGL :)

I can't help you with the question on carry cases. If you don't get a reply here from anyone try asking again in the "Getting Started Equipment Help and Advice" forum, it's usually pretty active in there.

Welcome aboard Stearm

There are a number of good box sheetplants in your area, what I'd suggest is you contact one or two and ask them if they can make you a good kraft based double wall corrugated carry case with suitable handles made to measure if you take the scope and mount to them to engineer. they can cad table cut the blank and hand assemble reasonably cheaply.

if you are struggling you can PM me and I can see what I can do with my packaging contacts.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived