Hello to all

Bungle2907

I thought I would try my first post by giving a little background on myself. I've been interested in astronomy for many years but always thought telescopes would be far too expensive, until my wife bought my lad a supermarket special which had more use stirring my coffee.

After looking into it I realised a telescope is affordable. I am now the proud owner of a sky-watcher explorer 150p. So far in only a couple of months we have seen the moon, Jupiter and the Orion Nebular and learnt a great deal.

Hopefully this will be the first of many posts'

HI Bungle and welcome to the forum. Scopes in the past were expensive pieces of kit but thanks to the chinese, we now have both greater choice and consistent quality which has helped most get access to cheaper scopes and therefore a foothold on this interesting hobby. Congratulations on you getting your new scope and let's hope the weather can clear to give you some great nights under the stars.

Enjoy the forum

James

Archived