Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Celestron Advanced VX Mount

FLO

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have asked and hope to have an answer for you soon :smiley:

Unfortunately it will not be compatible unless you upgrade update the motor board and use the splitter. Probably not what you wanted to hear. Sorry.

Steve

Had a look at these at AstroFest - looks a nice mount, not too imposing :D Looks to me that the ADM saddle is an essential upgrade, or there was a part missing... only a Vixen-style saddle was shown and it looked like it was the two bolts themselves securing the scope dovetail into the clamp :eek:

It looks pretty good from the aesthetic point of view, but there didn't seem to be much likelihood of getting one of them connected up to a power supply to find out how much quieter they are than the CG5, so I walked on by. When they appear in the shops I shall seriously consider one of these if it's reasonably quiet.

I had a good gander as well. Did NOT like the saddle, looked no better (Possibly worse) than the one on my HEQ5. Agree that ADM really need to get onto this.

Was thinking of getting one for imaging, and moving my 8" newt (When it's rebuilt) onto my HEQ5 so the saddle was rather dissapointing.

It looks pretty good from the aesthetic point of view, but there didn't seem to be much likelihood of getting one of them connected up to a power supply to find out how much quieter they are than the CG5, so I walked on by. When they appear in the shops I shall seriously consider one of these if it's reasonably quiet.

I must of been behind you, as it seemed that either the mount was a non working model or maybe they were shy on the noise level

I think I was probably being a bit optimistic about them having one connected up to a power supply - but I did notice they had a power tank to hand, so it wouldn't have been too hard. I wandered off as there was someone having a serious discussion about buying the C6 that they had on a CG5-GT. And I wanted to have a gawp at some of the other toys as well...

This is what Chris Rowland wrote.

I've got one for beta testing :)

It's a bit bigger than the CG5 and I think will carry more weight.

My feeling is that it is quieter than the CG5 but it isn't silent - except when tracking.

Chris

Yes, that's it. You would barely hear it against the background noise of Astrofest.

I'm a little puzzled by the concern about the dovetail mount, it seems to work perfectly well, I've had no problems.

They seemed to be keen on selling off the obsolete CG5 mounts, and AIUI the AVX mounts had only arrived earlier that week.

Chris.

Hello, I currently have the c8 with the cg5 mount. Would I need to buy a dovetail adaptor to fit it on the new saddle? Am thinking of an adaptor as I have a few scopes and it may be cheaper just to get an adaptor then to buying new dovetails and new dual mounting bar.

i've had the cg5 for over 2 years and am starting to get loads of problems like getting the no response 7 error after aligning. The other night it did it 3 times. I upgraded the software but seems to make no difference. I also seem to have a large amount of backlash which i keep trying to correct. This new mount looks great and could be the solution to my problems provided it's around the £600 mark. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

We are expecting them to release their UK price Monday, our first delivery is due around 10-15 days.

HTH :smiley:

Steve

That's excellent news that it's coming out soon as my ASGT is on it's last legs now. Do you think the mount will be available sans-tripod. Would be a great option for those upgrading from the older mount.

T

• 3 weeks later...

Archived