Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Celestron Advanced VX Mount

FLO

Have you got them in stock and ready to ship?

Our fist delivery is due to land tomorrow so if you placed an order today you would receive one in 2-3 working days (we generally don't drop-ship Celestron, we dispatch from our unit here in Exeter).

Hold fire though because there might be a better way of ordering one, I need to make a quick phone call to check it isn't a mistake on the price list...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold fire though because there might be a better way of ordering one, I need to make a quick phone call to check it isn't a mistake on the price list...

Interestingly, under the current pricing structure we can offer the Celestron Advanced VX with C6N for the same price as the mount alone :smiley:

The 6" Newtonian OTA is essentially free of charge!

32054_advancedvx_6_newtonian.jpg

I'll wait until tonight to do anything. I'd rather get the mount cheaper and on its own, I've got already too many otas quicking about in the house :-)

I understand, but to be fair our mount price is already £50 less than the next lowest price available and our mount/C6N price is £100 less :angel:

There is bound to be some reshuffling of prices this evening but it is unlikely ours will go lower.

How come the mount on its own is the same price as the mount and 6" Newt?

In theory it isn't, but we noticed earlier today that if we order sufficient quantity of C6N/AVX, and pass on the saving, we can offer the C6N/AVX package for the same price as the mount alone. We can't promise to always be able to do this but we have ordered enough for it to be possible for a few days at least.

HTH

Apologies for the late response, it's school hols here in Devon so I have been enjoying a short break with the kids.

Good news and bad news. Bad news first: We can no longer offer the C6N/AVX at the same price as the mount only. This is because there was a 'stock discrepancy' at the importers (they didn't actually have the C6N/AVX packages they thought they had). The good news: If you have already ordered a C6N/AVX at the reduced price then you are safe. You will recieve one. Albeit later than we said because we are having to order in more C6N OTAs.

Thank-you for your patience :smiley:

Received the mount yesterday yay! :) I've put it together and at first look it looks much sturdier then the cg5. The altitude bolts mechanism are much better, the mount itself is just slick. Can't wait to take it out!!

However there is one thing for the life of me I cannot find on the mount is the bubble level. The manual says it's got one, but I can't see it anywhere. Go you guys know where to look for it?

I cannot find on the mount is the bubble level. The manual says it's got one, but I can't see it anywhere. Go you guys know where to look for it?

Just received this from Celestron:

"Sorry for the confusion. This is a misprint in the manual. The VX does not come with a bubble level."

Sorry about that.

I've put it together and at first look it looks much sturdier then the cg5. The altitude bolts mechanism are much better, the mount itself is just slick. Can't wait to take it out!!

Excellent :smiley:

Archived