Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

was it orion nebula i just saw?

FOYS

Evening fellow space peeps

I had my first go at trying to find the orion nebula through my skywatcher 150p.

After about 20 mins I managed to find something which looked like 3 stars close together in a triangle covered by what looked like a finger print mark or smudge. Also within the eye piece i saw 3 stars in a near straight line, right next to it.

Was it the orion nebula or just a random assortment of stars?

Many thanks

I also had this same experience last night. Could see Orion and managed to find the bottom of the sword. I was totally blown away when I saw the bright glow, which looked totally different from everything else I have looked at so far. I looked for pictures of the nebula, after making a sketch (a pretty poor one) to compare it and confirm if I had found what I thought. The only picture I could find online were way to detailed but a copy of the original sketch (on wikipedia) looked remarkably like mine!

Another pretty awesome experience with my new scope!

yayyy

The whole telescope producing the image upside threw me a bit when looking at the belt which was why I couldn't find it at first.

A bit like independence day when will smith goes to fly the spaceship for the first time.

Such an amazing hobby!

:grin:

Archived