Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mob initiation

Richie092

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you John ... and whats with the Apples quote in post #23 ?

its a quote from good will hunting

but as we're on the subject, I think that Gary and and Simon are both from London Boroughs... i think we need to distances ourselves from these types.... i may contact the mods :evil:

Perfect. I will keep checking for news regularly.

I used the scope last night for the first time (never even looked through one!) Not tried the GOTO side of it yet was just slewing it around manually. Was thinking this is fun although plenty of LP and then I put my 7mm EP on Jupiter.....completely blown away, honestly I felt like I had almost got my moneys worth there and then.

Only got about an hour before it all went misty but was brilliant. Next step polar alignment.

Perfect. I will keep checking for news regularly.

I used the scope last night for the first time (never even looked through one!) Not tried the GOTO side of it yet was just slewing it around manually. Was thinking this is fun although plenty of LP and then I put my 7mm EP on Jupiter.....completely blown away, honestly I felt like I had almost got my moneys worth there and then.

Only got about an hour before it all went misty but was brilliant. Next step polar alignment.

It's a shame the weather doesn't look great, there are two transits of Io and Ganymede tonight, would love to have watched that, saw my first a couple of weeks ago and it was such a buzz to see the moon cross the planet 'live'

Is it a recipe for cup cakes?!

no, I will just watch and hope I think. First on my list is M42. I know where it is (I think) but it's not dark enough where I am to make it out. The sun does keep poking through the mist here like yesterday so i might get another go tonight.

Am i right in saying that if i put a barlow lens in between my EP and the focuser that it will double my view of Jupiter?! I appreciate loss of quality etc but it seems a little too good to be true!

put very simply... yup !

it is to good to be true in most cases... when i first looked at saturn for the 1st time ever i had the barlow in... i was suitably impressed - but when i removed it although it looked way smaller (the size of a biro end (thick end) ) it was SOOOOOO much brighter and crisper - and just great

by all means enjoy the barlow - however depends on which 1 you buy as Eyepieces make or break the viewing - happy to offer any assistance in choosing (i have limited info) !

Thanks for that I will definitely be asking your advice. Not gonna get one yet though this lot has left me skint and I want to get used to using what I have.

Well after reading all the advice on here and reading "making every photon count" and other bits of advice I thought I would go for this combination as a first mount/scope as it seems a great starter package. Last night was the first time I have ever looked through one!

I am a keen photographer, especially underwater and am fascinated as much by the difficult art and challenge of obtaining pictures as I am by the content. I think astrophotography will prove an even bigger challenge than sub aqua.

haha very good gary!!!

Richie i too am a keen aquatographer (good word !!!!) as am a qualified advanced scuba diver (and the wife is too) we have used quite a few cams under the blue - and like you i also want to look up - but i went for a Dobsonion (which in laymans terms means i can see more allegedly (more cloud anyway) as you get more bang for your buck and a bigger scope as the mount is basically a cheaper to manufacture option) it basically cant track stars and allow long enough exposures as itll just look a mess - although i am thinking about chucking my large scope on an HEQ5 mount - but more on that later

id be very keen when we all meet up to take a look through your scope and see how it is - it certainly gets VERY good reviews !

Archived