Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mob initiation

Richie092

Aquatographer, I like that!

You would be more than welcome to. Hopefully we will get a run of good nights and can all meet up. I obviously have nothing to compare it with but was very impressed. It takes a bit of getting used to looking through the EP without shaking it around a bit as underwater I use liveview and on land the image stabilisation makes things nice and smooth.

I learnt a little about setting up last night that will put things into a slightly more comfortable viewing position next chance I get so that should help.

The HEQ5 is certainly a hefty lump!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are absolutely heavy !

u can read all you like... when u get out again all that reading will be out the window haha as you will be acting like a kid on xmas day again :)

enjoy - its awesome - when i first got it i was literally point at 1 thing look, turn to 2, look back to 1 then onto 3 and 5-9 haha - the first few nights will basically just be wow moments with you swinging around the sky madly (and thats just awesome haha) once u settle down and know what you are looking at and say for example choose to study jupiter (breathtaking at the moment) and you really look at it directly peripherally, with different EP's, via live view on the cam etc etc you will see the finer details, clouds, moons, aliens, i even saw a plane fly across it last night haha and that when it gets great !

i remember the first time i ever saw the dumbbell nebula from my garden - it looked like a bit of dirt on my scope and that wowed me, when i met up with knobby, simms, zakhogan etc all in this group on a dark site my jaw actually broke as it hit my foot - it just takes time and patience and is so rewarding...

take a look if you have 5 minutes bored at the blog ive briefly kept (link in my signature) dont worry im not getting paid or anything for mentioning it haha - but it does (to me) make a funny read as its from a complete noob (me) 's point of view and even starts with unpacking it. it might be some of the excitement u felt when unpacking etc !!!!!

im sure everyone on here remembers their first day at work, knowing the box had been delivered and the excitement waiting to get home

(except for me gary... remember the agro i had with my scope!!!!!)

Archived