Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yet another M42

andyo

Hi,not had a clear night since the 9th December so was made up when the sky was clear on the 29th but with the full moon had to choose a target I could get with fairly short exposure lengths so M42 it was then.Also I now have nebulosity and not had much of a chance to use it for preprocessing(I still use BYEOS for capture).

Got everything set up and ready for taking 75 exposures of 40 secs.However the clouds had other ideas after 15 subs the clouds where well and truly back and that was that.

So here it is 15 subs at 40 secs

21 darks,35 flats

SW ED80pro with modded canon 450dlsr preprocessed in Nebulosity and final processing in photoshop.All comments welcome

ORIONNEBULAM4229THDEC2012lights15x40secs_zpsb0401580.png

Beautiful capture. If only !!!

I am praying that the New Year will bring a change to this abysmal weather we have endured for the whole of 2012.

Can't remember the last clear night here. I have now got my scope and mount set up in the spare bedroom just so I don't forget what it looks like. :cry:

Clear skies pleeeeeeeeeeaz !!

Regards

Mike

Thanks for the comments everyone.

That's better :) I think the colours are a little over saturated though and do I see some dust bunnies?

You are right on both counts Gina for some reason the flats didnt remove all the dust bunnies I used the lappy over scope and took 35 using backyard eos AV-flats setting straight after the session.

Here is a version with the green stars corrected - I use the SCNR function in Pixinsight, nice picture btw ! I have yet to publish my pictures..... too ashamed :)

Regards

Mark

Thanks Mark,I did have difficulty with that green tinge but I have just been given a link to a free photoshop plugin similar to the one you used in pixinsight called HLGV seems to have done the trick nicely.

ORIONNEBULAM4229THDEC2012lights15x40secs.png

Way better with the colour balance sorted. Good result. Green is the root of all evil in natural colour imaging!! :confused: HLVG and SCNR are superb tools.

Some short subs for the Trapezium region would be an exciting next step. Check out this tutorial... http://www.astropix.com/HTML/J_DIGIT/LAYMASK.HTM

Happy new year,

Olly

Archived