Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

short but sweet session

Daniel-K

managed a quick session tonight after fiddling with collimation all day im nearly there, first image is of vega with diffraction spikes, first time had them that sharp with this scope, 2nd up is the double cluster cropped 10min worth of 30 sec subs @iso 800. 3rd image is M31 30 min worth @120 secs @ iso 800

im very pleased so far the 450d seems to do well with noise and the strange gradients have gone ( must have been the moon) looking forward to getting a full night in with this scope on a nice NGC galaxy :)

post-6284-0-01409400-1356818444_thumb.pn

post-6284-0-88646800-1356818723_thumb.pn

post-6284-0-79693300-1356820237_thumb.jp

Well done for persevering and finding some gaps in the cloud :) Good double cluster and M31 for such a short time and difficult conditions :) I had a look last night but there was intermittent rain before it really moved in and it wasn't worth opening the roof. The problem was that there wasn't really any warning of when the rain was about to come so it wasn't worth the risk. Must admit, my patience is wearing thin and I'm wanting to grab at straws and get a bit of imaging in but I must control myself and not risk the equipment.

Hi Danny,

Nice images for such short subs & nice to see someone imaging over the holiday period. I tried twice but was foiled by rain then cloud which came from nowhere.

I feel really annoyed it's the only holiday period I have at home and I desperately wanted to get some imaging in.

By the way, how's the Mammut holding up...

cheers

Steve

Well done Dan your hard work is paying off now:) the collimations looking very good everything is nice and sharp with symmetrical difractions spikes:) easier said than done I bet @ f/3.6 with the 0.9 reducer!!

I was going to go for a carbon fibre quattro after selling most my kit recently but decided to go for the long game and upgrade my mount to an EQ6 and a cheap second hand 200p for now, I can always buy a 10" Quattro later in the year which i plan on doing:)

ohh yeah forgot the the CC reduces the scope :p the stars in the corners are not too bad but i think thats down to my collimation just off. ooo EQ6 i love mine even if it is a bit moody sometimes :grin: handles the quattro with out even a flutter. ive got to get me an st80 this finder guider business is driving me potty, taking me 20 steps in callibrations were as when i had my st80 i could do it in 8!!! :eek: getting a bonus 18th of this month which the wife doesnt know about and she aint gunna know about till the fed ex man is knocking on the door :p

Archived