Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M1 Crab Nebula in Narrowband and Broadband, pushing the limits of mount, camera, and sky...

Tim

Tim, that really is a cracker. I've managed to get a few subs with 'almost round' stars at 2m on my EQ-6, but nothing of this quality.

I see you've listed your kit, inc that you've used PHD to guide, but can you reveal which OAG and guide cam you use. I take it you don't use a piggy-backed guidescope at this FL?

Really impressive stuff.

Thank you.

I am using my old celestron Off Axis guider. The spacing isn't perfect for the edgeHD but it's pretty good. I wish they would make a dedicated OAG for these scopes, they are just crying out for them.

As for guidecamera, I use a SX Lodestar. The thing is phenomenally sensitive, much more so than my old DSI Pro which was pretty good, and I haven't struggled to find a decent star to guide on even at these focal lengths.

My new 0.7 Celestron has just arrived in the post today, looking forward now to re-jigging the imaging train to get the best out of that.

Cheers

Tim

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived