Narrowband

M1 Crab Nebula in Narrowband and Broadband, pushing the limits of mount, camera, and sky...

Tim

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic. I know from my own experience (allbeit I am just starting out) that imaging at this focal length is very far from trivial.

The amount of data you captured has paid off and IMHO you've processed it perfectly.

Any suggestions?

I've never really had a decent shot of M51, at least not that I have posted, got loads of data on it but don't seem to be very good at galaxies :p

Spend last night doing some lunar stuff with 3 different cameras, and although the detail in the crater walls is kind of interesting, I get bored pretty quick with the moon, and the dramatic changes in seeing that so drastically affect the image really gets on my wick!

When M57 come around again I'm thinking of doing that again, although I have literally hundreds of hours of data on M57 just sat here :s

Cheers

Tim

Tim, that really is a cracker. I've managed to get a few subs with 'almost round' stars at 2m on my EQ-6, but nothing of this quality.

I see you've listed your kit, inc that you've used PHD to guide, but can you reveal which OAG and guide cam you use. I take it you don't use a piggy-backed guidescope at this FL?

Really impressive stuff.

I cant get my head around F10 + SCT + 2,800mm + EQ6 + binning - and get a result like this? :eek:

:icon_salut: Bravo Tim.... absolutely fabulous

If this isn't deserving of a Celestron global advertisement then I really don't know what is...

Archived