Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'c11 edgehd'.
Found 2 results
A stack of Jupiter from an AVI containing 100 frames only of which 25% where kept using AS2!. The seeing was weird so I decided shorter AVIs, but more AVIs that ever before, could yield some results. This is the best I got, which is not that bad, I think. I froze so went in to my warm bed after taking some 31 AVIs ranging between 100 and 200 frames.
Sometime last year after completing a long session on the Crab Nebula, I turned my C9.25 to it and took a 20 minute Ha exposure at F10. The little bit of detail that came through made a big impression on me, and so I planned a kit upgrade to get a proper image done at that scale. One C11 EdgeHD and Atik428ex later, here's the result. My EQ6 is working at its limit, but performing admirably under the pressure of providing a stable platform for a rig running at 2800mm focal length. The resolution is really pushing it too, 0.67 arcsec/pixel, but I wanted to see what the scope could do, so any time there was a clear hour or two, another few subs were added to the total mix. I've really enjoyed this one, it has kind of made up for a dreadful year of weather and cloudy skies. I have a new reducer on the way for the scope, and possibly a new camera too, so will be looking for some new challenges in 2013. Full details below, thanks for looking. Cheers Tim Full Size Here Telescope: C11 EdgeHD Focal Length: 2800mm F Ratio: F10 Camera: Atik 428ex Binned: 2x2 Resolution: 0.67 arcsec/pixel Mount: EQ6 Exposure Details: Luminance : 38mins Red: 58mins Green: 104mins Blue: 45mins Ha 7nm: 360mins Oiii: 785mins Sii: 325mins Total Exposure: 23hrs Data gathered over several weeks Autumn/Winter 2012 Software: Capture: Nebulosity 3 Guiding: PHD Stacking & Calibration: DeepSkyStacker (3x Drizzle) Initial Processing: Pixinsight Combining: Registar 1.0 Processing: Photoshop CS5