Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

moon halo

kenny k

To be honest it's quite tricky to get a good image of one. Balancing the exposure and ISO setting to get the halo and not blow out the moon totally is very difficult. I suspect that you actually need the cloud to provide a bit of assistance in dimming the moon, or to combine multiple exposures to create the final image. I've not managed to get a decent one yet.

James

Well i've been out again and the halo's back again... But the the real wow! was at 21:23Hrs a really bright meteor (or space debris) just went across from Auriga towards the moon.. Did anyone see it? :laugh:

..come on,really this time of year..what could it be :icon_santa:

..come on,really this time of year..what could it be :icon_santa:

I'm sure it was a meteor but what threw me was it seemed a bit too orange and it wasn't moving very fast as i'd expect... But i'm no expert, unlike you i suppose :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'm sure it was a meteor but what threw me was it seemed a bit too orange and it wasn't moving very fast as i'd expect... But i'm no expert, unlike you i suppose :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

the orange nosed riendeer does't work for me...sorry i'll stop now

Archived