The myth is true!

I always thought the new scope purchase and subsequent weather deterioration was a inside joke. I can now confirm that it in fact true. For the last two weeks we have had lovely cold clear nights, until Thursday when my new scope arrived. Friday was lovely and clear as I built my scope then about 6 o clock just as I was about to lift it outside and set up the clouds rolled in, and its now Sunday and they still haven't rolled out of here.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is true. Your new gear arrives and then sits on the side mocking you for a few weeks whilst you wait for the skies to clear so you can use it.

It's worse when the skies clear during the day, in come the clouds just for the night time ha!

Myth? it's no myth.

I have carried out repeated experiment and confirmed it is true. The hypothesis is repeatable.

Many others have also done the same, and showed it is repeatable at different testing facilities. The hypothesis has been independently verified.

This means it is now qualified as a science fact :D

i have found if you buy second hand then the box of clouds has already been used and you get to use the scope pretty quickly :grin:

Actually, come to think of it, nearly all of my 2nd hand purchases have come without cloud, but my new ones come with...

You bet it's true and that anti cloud spray that you can buy also doesn't work - I should know I bought a whole palette load! :grin: :grin: Just to make you feel better, had you bought a solar scope instead it would have been cloudy during the day with fantastic clear nights. :grin: I think Private James Frazer from 'Dad's Army' summed it up best for me, ".....We're all doomed!" :grin: I'm sure the weather will improve for you soon and after a handful of clear nights under the stars and all will soon be forgiven!

Clear skies

James

Right, I have a plan which will work. Everyone here co ordinates a 'purchase day' where we all save up and order our stuff all at the same time on the same day. Ergo, we all have the cloudy skies at the same time, for the same length of time and BAM! happy viewing there on in for the other 48 weeks of the year.

Who's in??

Archived