Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revelation Astro Barlows

FLO

We have added two Revelation Astro barlows to our website. Both are 1.25" models and feature multicoated three element air-spaced optics for superior colour correction and contrast compared to similarly priced two element achromatic designs.

Revelation 2.5x Barlow

revelation_2.5x_barlow_optic.JPG

Revelation 5x Barlow

revelation_5x_barlow_optic.JPG

Hi, i'm a beginner 2 this, how well would the 5x work for imaging with modded x-box cam on my Skywatcher 130m EQ2 (900mm F/L) or would I be better sticking with getting the 2.5x? (Although I do know that the 5x would be pointless for observing with my kit )

Having thought about this I'm leaning towards the opinion that whilst 5x might just work, it would quite probably be very difficult to control on the EQ2. Even if the image were bright enough and would stay on the sensor when the EQ2 was tracking, I bet it would be a pig to get focused manually.

I'd be tempted to start off with something smaller and perhaps if you get the hang of working with the 2.5x then add an extension to push the image scape up a bit more and then see how you feel about the 5x barlow.

I'm another happy user of this 2.5x barlow. I picked up the 5x second hand a while back, but convinced myself I was never going to get it to work for imaging without at least a pier.

James

Hi, i'm a beginner 2 this, how well would the 5x work for imaging with modded x-box cam on my Skywatcher 130m EQ2 (900mm F/L) or would I be better sticking with getting the 2.5x? (Although I do know that the 5x would be pointless for observing with my kit )

I have a 2.3X APO barlow for my 130 Celestron and i really have to crank up the gain to get enough light through with an SPC900. So i would say no, the 5x is way too much for a small scope.

Baz.

Archived