Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun 18th Novem,eber 2012 11 am, natural colour and grey scale

sologuitarist61

Nice to see Sol again! Good images - well done with such a low target and mucky sky!

Thanks Roger by the time it had cleared the roof I only managed to fire off 100 images before it started to cloud up; rushed indoors and stuck them on the PC and luckily had focus. Within ten minutes of it clouding over the light rain started so had to rush out and get it all back in again!! Do0n't you just love this hobby?? Been lovely since the sun disappeared behind another roof :mad:

Nice solar images Richard. I have just been viewing the Sun with my William Optics SD66 frac and binoviewers - it is very active and great views.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes looking quite active again isn't it. I was looking back at some SOHO images of 2003 though and it was really active then - catch a load of this

Hoping we might see something like this again this maximum!

Nice image and lucky to get a few good shots before it clouded over. It was perfectly clear this morning at about 8am here but clouded over before I got much of a chance with my Ha scope. Still managed one image.

I have noticed that at the bottom of my garden, the sun is only just clearing the roof of the house. Still I can always put it in the garage, which faces south and as there is nothing opposite us, it gets sun until about 2pm when it goes behind trees.

The alternative is to drive out and find a nice hill top car park?

I have noticed that at the bottom of my garden, the sun is only just clearing the roof of the house. Still I can always put it in the garage, which faces south and as there is nothing opposite us, it gets sun until about 2pm when it goes behind trees.

The alternative is to drive out and find a nice hill top car park?

The trouble is Robin that the sun is never out long enough to go somewhere else I find. :smiley:

Archived