Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tal factory and development team...

dweller25

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

I don't suppose they are paid that much - if anything at all at times. I have a feeling that the factory always made amateur optics as well as military and space related equipment. There is (was) more than one factory in the area though, I believe not all survived the post communist Yeltsin era.

I wonder what the 'new' Meade factory in Mexico will look like? Interesting photos all the same.

It's good to see that the walls are pianted with NHS green paint :afro:

Thought I recognised it from somewhere. It is exactly the same colour as my old radioisotope lab in the basement of the old District General in Ipswich (Anglesea Road for the locals).

Those were the days !! The Medical Physicist used to have a similar dress sense. Green tank top and purple paisley tie I seem to remember. :D

Bill£ :D

I think it is a credit to the "TAL" team - that they are able to produce such quality optical instuments, in such "run down" and quite frankly "grotty" looking facilities.

It might be nice to send them a big "thankyou" card from all on SGL - as over the years I'm sure they (the TAL team) must have given hundreds (if not thousands) of budding, and professional astronomers alike, great pleasure in using their equipement.

I know I am immensely pleased with my TAL100RS

4750_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

("I do like my TAL100RS" !!) (and before anyone comments - I am NOT looking for imperfections in the brickwork of my next door neighbours walls!!).

(Excuse the slippers - a senior moment!).

Regards,

philsail1

...and before anyone comments - I am NOT looking for imperfections in the brickwork of my next door neighbours walls!!).

Hmmm, looks like you're looking at window level actually... :rolleyes:

Is there anyone on SGL who can write Cyrillic text? I suspect the Tal team would be even more impressed if they got a note from us in Russian.

James

...and before anyone comments - I am NOT looking for imperfections in the brickwork of my next door neighbours walls!!).

Hmmm, looks like you're looking at window level actually... :rolleyes:

Is there anyone on SGL who can write Cyrillic text? I suspect the Tal team would be even more impressed if they got a note from us in Russian.

James

Here you go James I hope this gives you some ideas I can translate it back to English if you want :)

?? ????? ?? ?????? ???? ??????????, ??????? ? ??????? ??????? ?? ???? ????????????, ??????? ?? ???? ??? ????. ?? ????? ?????????? ??? ?? ???? ?????????, ??????? ?? ???????. ?????? TAL ???????????, ?? ?????? ????????? ?????? ????? ???????, ?? ???????????? ?????? ? ???, ??? ?? ??????? ???!

Archived