NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomy T-Shirt Competition Results

FLO

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Newton Poppleford.' Do you expect us to believe this? I mean, Sheepy Magna in Leicestershire is one thing but Newton Poppleford??? This sounds like the sort of place Mrs Antrobus of the Archers might have come from. No, I'm not even going to Google it. Newton Poppleford doesn't, can't, shouldn't and mustn't exist. No. No, I can't entertain the possibility. It's worse than Wetwang, which does exist but shouldn't.

Olly

I have a regular customer in Wagga Wagga ACE !!!

Flooding is quiet bad here too, trains might be off tomorrow which will mean no school for Logan. (the bus is every 2 hours.....)

If its clear and your stranded we expect plenty of reviews... MWHAHAHA !

'Newton Poppleford.' Do you expect us to believe this? I mean, Sheepy Magna in Leicestershire is one thing but Newton Poppleford??? This sounds like the sort of place Mrs Antrobus of the Archers might have come from. No, I'm not even going to Google it. Newton Poppleford doesn't, can't, shouldn't and mustn't exist. No. No, I can't entertain the possibility. It's worse than Wetwang, which does exist but shouldn't.

I'm sure Newton Poppleford was the headmaster of the school attended by Langton Matravers and Winfrith Newburgh.

James

'Newton Poppleford.' Do you expect us to believe this? I mean, Sheepy Magna in Leicestershire is one thing but Newton Poppleford??? This sounds like the sort of place Mrs Antrobus of the Archers might have come from.

It is exactly as you imagine, quiet and picturesque. We have lots of places like that down here in Devon :smiley:

If its clear and your stranded we expect plenty of reviews... MWHAHAHA !

We really mustn't joke about it, the majority of members will not have seen the thread :lipsrsealed:

You're gonna love Nempnett Thrubwell then... ;)

That does look grim James. Hope you are okay where you are.

I am seriously considering closing early tomorrow. There is another band of very heavy rain forecast for around mid-afternoon. I am fortunate, our house is on high ground but it must be heartbreaking for those living below the flood-line.

Agreed Ant, images on TV from the area are unimaginable, it is hard to believe it is happening in the UK.

My thoughts are with all those forced to cope with all the disruptiion to their normal daily lives & routines.

And looking at the rain radar maps, it's chucking it down again down there...

Good luck to all, the pictures look horrific.

For some homes and companies the floods have been horrendous. We really have never known it this bad in Exeter.

Fortunately we have a railway line between our premises and the river so we are well protected. The floods have made it difficult for some of us to come into work but it hasn't affected order processing and dispatch so nobody will have noticed and the worse has passed. Our Borg, Microscopes and T-shirt projects were put on hold but should be back on track this week.

Steve

Sorry for the delay, so many projects and so little time :coffee:

I have begun photographing the t-shirts. Getting the colours right is a challenge and it didn't occur to me that we would need an iron and ironing board (!) so there are some creases. Anyhow, here are three photos. We'll post more t-shirts Monday and have them ready to order from our website Tuesday.

(The two blue t-shirts have gold colour lettering).

Thank-you for your patience :smiley:

post-54-0-98792800-1354890861_thumb.jpg

post-54-0-81590000-1354890908_thumb.jpg

post-54-0-98186200-1354890918_thumb.jpg

I think I'll need to rephotograph the red one because the actual t-shirt looks nicer than the photo.

Steve a mate of mine does a jpg version of the T based off the artwork and a T template, might be worth a look.

Thanks for the PM and link Earl :smiley:

We'll get better at the product listing but it will take time and I don't want to leave people waiting any longer than I already have so we'll start with regular photos then update them when we are able.

Archived