SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astronomy T-Shirt Competition Results

FLO

Okay, I think we are almost ready for launch :smiley:

A quick recap: This is for Kate at the Norman Lockyer Observatory in Sidmouth. Kate has been printing T-shirts for NLO members for a while but would like to take it to the next level. And we'd like to help so we ran a competition asking you what astronomy or science slogan you would like to see on a T-shirt? Humorous, serious, thought-provoking or... Well, anything really. So-long as it is clean and within SGL's CoC (so no politics or religion).

Your response has been fantastic! The competition thread ran for seven pages and the suggestions continue to come in. Thank-you very, very much :icon_salut:

Kate has chosen her favourites and has heat-pressed them onto T-shirts and Polo-shirts. We shall be photographing them and adding them to our website tomorrow. We will also post them here in this thread. If you see your slogan Please PM me because Kate would like to send you a free T-shirt or Polo-shirt.

FLO are marketing the T-shirts free of charge/commission because we think it is a great idea and want to see her succeed.

Here is one finished slogan, there are many more...

t-shirt-you-wont-like-me-when-cloudy.JPG

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was certainly a fun thread!

Somehow I missed the one on the tee-shirt above - I like that one!!!

You can find it on page 5 half way down on the first thread. If anyone has any other suggestions they feel really strongly about, It can be ordered, you only need to specify the words you want on it :smiley:

Kate

Sorry about this :blush:

T-shirts will be tomorrow. The new Skywatcher AZ EQ6-GT mount landed today so it has been 'all hands on deck' contacting customers and dispatching mounts. Some customers placed their orders back in early October so we don't want them finding other dealers have dispatched before us because we were photographing T-shirts.

You are going to think I am avoiding t-shirts! Devon had a heck of a lot of rain last night which has left many of our roads flooded. Lisa, Martin, Annette and myself are here but James and SteveB are unable to drive into work. It isn't raining now so hopefully the flood levels will reduce and we'll see them this afternoon but it is unlikely we'll have t-shirts online today because we are concentrating on getting as many orders as possible processed and dispatched.

Hope the FedEx van makes it!

Steve

Devon had a heck of a lot of rain last night which has left many of our roads flooded.

Just heard from SteveB. The bridge at Newton Poppleford has collapsed and there is more flooding at Woodly Common and another bridge just before Newton Poppleford, also a bridge at Sidbury. We have suggested he take the day off. I am guessing there will be even more flooding further East and North because last night's forecast showed Devon on the edge of a large band of rain.

....Could be worse, Steve might have been stuck at work when the bridges collapsed & unable to get home......

We store all FLO's star party kit here at the unit so we have beds, mattresses and heating. Also a microwave, kettle and a loo. There is also a cafe only a stones throw away and a greasy spoon nearby. It might be fun :grin:

Now that is why I own Land Rovers...unless the water is higher than the bonnet I have no problems...in fact I have driven through short bits that have been halfway up the windscreen (Safari Snorkel fitted)..can't do that is a city runabout or Mondeo :D

Now enough excuses blaming the weather, this is not British Rail, where are the T-Shirts..:D LOL

Archived