NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cloud, cloud, and more cloud

x6gas

I really wish that I'd taken the trouble to check Sat24 before setting up tonight!

BBC weather reckoned I was gonna get a good few clear hours so I set up at dusk and it was fairly clear, but the cloud came in and now it's wall-to-wall...

Grrrrr!

Been clear all day here I get home from work and the clouds have rolled in :mad:

I'd not describe today as "clear", but there wasn't anywhere near as much cloud as there has been. Sunset coincided almost perfectly with thick cloud rolling in though, and it now appears set to remain that way, night and day, for the remainder of the five day forecast :(

James

Well, i *sold* my mount today so I was expecting spectacular skies tonight, now that i am mountless for a week or so!!! To my surprise its cloudy in Nottingham !

Did you sell it to someone in South Oxfordshire? - Would explain the onset of my cloud!

Did you sell it to someone in South Oxfordshire? - Would explain the onset of my cloud!

Lol :) Nope, a smashing chap from Cornwall.

I will be hacked off this week if its incredible clear skies (sorry folks - hope its nice for you but i think you follow my drift). Knowing my luck that's what we'll get now I have no mount for a wee while. Naturally, as soon as I get the HEQ6 it'll be cloudy for three months..... :embarrassed: !!!!

Lol :) Nope, a smashing chap from Cornwall.

I will be hacked off this week if its incredible clear skies (sorry folks - hope its nice for you but i think you follow my drift). Knowing my luck that's what we'll get now I have no mount for a wee while. Naturally, as soon as I get the HEQ6 it'll be cloudy for three months..... :embarrassed: !!!!

Well that explains everything. I bet the new owner picked it up, right? They've obviously been driving all around the country back to Cornwall calling in the cloud behind them!

Just checked the weather and cloud here all week (sad face) Sat night was good though right up until the secondary mirror was covered in dew. Never the primary which is odd. Will have to invest in a battery powered hair dryer!

Phil.

Archived