Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

experiences from my own garden

skywatcher250

fantastic... finally seen jupiter + moons (and 1 blocking the spot - unless i saw that wrong) - just amazing

however unlike dengie i cant align :( not doing anything different from then - are we daylight savings now or not (since the clocks went back- unsure)

dont know what im doing wrong.

at least ive seen the largest planet and it looked just fine

great night of viewing the planet & moon - just cant work out why it wouldnt align - the ones i used to align last time were arcturus and vega, neither which were in the list this time.... hmmmm anyone else with align issues or ideas pls ?

FINALLY clear SKIES !!!! :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

popped out for a quickie in MY back garden Sunday !

had a good look at Orion through both scopes, first time I've seen it through the 250 ! really impressed.

Even Mrs Knobby was impressed by Orions faint smokey nebula.

Hope you're all well see you soon ...

Just had a really weak feeble attempt at imaging... In my back garden

Celestron 4se, asda £4 webcam roughly 800 frames via sharp cap and into Registax.

Sounds clever doesn't it but I really haven't got a clue.

I think focus may be off or it could be seeing and only 30 minutes cooling.

post-21341-135353165261_thumb.jpg

i would say that you want to up that 2 at least 15fps,

The hire frame rate will introduce 'onioning' to your final image (i'll upload an example in a min), it basically means reduced image quality but you should also be ale to get some finer detail in there, its a compromise with these sort of webcams, mines exactly the same

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(seemed silly to start a new post when this thread is still here...)

so i went out again yesterday, about 6pm - took the skywatcher 250px out after charging the tank, set up, pointed north, did the usually doodahs with setting up GOTO - worked first time... realised my house was actually in the way of Orion, 7 sisters, Jupiter and just about the rest of the heavens, so set up in a different spot and got the GOTO working 1st time again... annoyingly i ended up not using it as i knew where everything was that i wanted to look at

1) Jupiter - it always amazes me with my Zoom ep, how at 24 its bright and tiny but at 8 its massive and STILL bright !!!! something certainly can be said about buying an excellent EP - so at 8x i saw clearly the 2 major cloud bands with the smaller bands also visible and 2 moon flailing around, i must have come back to this target 12 times over the few hours i was out there... always draws my gaze

2) betelguise - not much to say... hasnt blown up yet - still red, still there... annoying (in some ways)

3) the orion neb - didnt get to see this as i spent ages waiting for it to come up and then the baby started going into one and it took both of us to deal with ! kids PAH ! - ill get u next time

4) andromeda galaxy - for the first time i saw detail and not just a fuzz.... unsure why ! isnt it usually awful ?

5) Pleiades - binoculars only as its just too close !

all in all a good night - all the equiptment got wet after just 2 hours though and fogged up totally at the end !!!

happy viewing :)

• 3 weeks later...

Experience from my own garden... Not Si's :D

Finally got to give the SW 127 Mak on its new home, the EQ5 a quick go tonight!

rough polar align ( we're talking guess work here) levelled tripod and see to home position (I actually sound like I know what I'm talking about :lol:) set the date ,time, location etc. Did one star align on Rigel (was in a hurry before clouds came over) goto to Jupiter and wahey, result and it followed it nicely for a good 20 minutes.

must say I'm very happy with this set up that has evolved from what started as an ETX 70 to a Celestron 4se as a grab n go

Jupiter looked good tonight... Happy bunny.

now then, have any of you dodgers got the firmware update cable, I'm on 3.27

Cheers all, see you soon hopefully:D

Archived