NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Leonids meteor shower 17/11/12.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we may have clear skies in glos for Leonids according to weather forecast - fingers crossed.

Wonderful skies here in Glos but sadly no meteors.. been viewing for 90mins. Although have to admit I did get sidetracked by stunning jupiter and a look at andromeda galaxy and orion nebula as well as a few nice stars (castor, pollux, betelgeuse)

bed time ...................

I have seen two but that's with intermmittent viewing, I've had snow and clearskies at the same time.

Now everything is icing up but I'll let the camera roll a bit before the misty low cloud sets in.

My count is 11 now but I don't know how many have been leonids, lots are coming from other directions and some real slow ones plus a brilliant near fireball from the North.

I've also lost my Eastern horizon totally now but it remains clear and cold for the most part.I'm also wearing my kids wolf hat as I forgot my beanie but this isnot really related to anything.

am just in from my yard about 11pm beijing time 18th. I guess i missed the first peak however I will check out tonight since its clear. In Beijing the pollution and such is bad so the winds come in to make a good astro night. i hope to catch something later.

was setting up my bincolars and had to start with

jupiter. was able to split ganymede and io tonight :)

m35,m36,m37, m38, m45, m43, m42

vesta

ceres

clear skies all!

You may be right, quite a few came from that way and near Orion too, to me the looked like slow moving white balls. That's the best way I can describe them but they certainly weren't Leonids. I can't tell on my camera if I caught any or not but I should of fingers crossed, so I have to wait till I get home to check.

Archived