NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The 'Planner' says yes!

Slim

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another 9 hours of hard graft today. On my own today as well so much harder than yesterday.

The first of many pours.

66d8f4f24cb070a924967bec4ad76b6f.jpg

Feet up and relax until Thursday now!

32ca19259f1f80fe913561410a7a4cde.jpg

I'll be quite happy if I don't see a cement mixer for the next ten years!

That's the difficult bit done! (I hate concreting - it's just such heavy work!).

I've been re-laying paving slabs today -- basically lifting and relaying some existing two foot square slabs where the ground has sunk underneath them. They must weight about 35kg each. On the whole, I think I'd rather do concreting :D

James

What is it with the ground movement this year? Our back garden path has cracked in two or three places and in one spot it has dropped by at least half an inch.

I am taking up our paving around the washing line and vegetable/fruit garden and putting down decorative gravel, the ground has moved so much at that end of the garden.

Nice build by the way Slim. Looks like you have got everything worked out and heading in the right direction.

Spent the last two nights applying two coats of preserver to all the timber. I've got the next two days off work and my dad is coming over to help build the frame and shed.

Another solid 8 hours of build time today. My dad and his compound mitre saw were a huge help. Managed to get the shed walls, doors and internal wooden frame up today. Another day tomorrow to do the roof and it'll be time for all of the fiddly bits!

null-3.jpg

Back breaking work putting the roof together but installation went well.

IMG_0900.jpg

A quick internal view.

IMG_0902.jpg

And the weather boards on.

IMG_0907.jpg

Just one more coat of weather preserver all round and I'll be able to get on with the internal fit out.

Archived