NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

X-Cel LX 9mm on the way

I must have looked at a million threads, articles and reviews, lol; hope I made the right choice for a low high power EP. I missed out on WO SPL 5mm at a good price earlier this week but the LX's have on my mind too so the trigger got pulled. Hopefully it'll barlow well enoughto give me a high power option. I reckon I'll go for Celestron Panorama 15mm next month for the mid power stuff. I reckon I've spent enough time with the stock 10mm that comes with the Skyliner 200p to be able to see a difference with the X-Cel LX........ I hope!

I'd be really disappointed if you are disappointed with your new purchase, Lester, so please let me know how you get along with the new LX. I've never had a problem myself, but some folk have found that taking off the dust cap can be troublesome, but I reckon just treat it with care and you'll be fine. Other than that I think you've made youself a really decent buy. Clear skies and look forward to your first report.

Yup, heard about that one but as long as you're careful, it doesn't seem to be a problem, I've plenty of glue anyway:) I should have it for next weekend so here's hoping for clear skies on Friday night. I don't reckon I'll be disappointed, though. I've done as much homework as I could do without actually demo-ing it so I feel confident.... damn it, have just hexed myself:o?

My first ep purchase was the X-cel LX 18mm and it is a lovely ep. Not had a problem with the rubber eyecup pulling off, but the cap can be a little tight. As bendiddly said, just don't push it on too far. Just enough to stay in place and it is fine. I'm sure you will find it much better than your stock ep.

Clear skies!

Archived