SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Widefield Perseus with astrotrac

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was taken at a club astrocamp at a dark site in Suffolk on 13 October 2012.

It was with a modded Canon 40D with a 24-105mm lens set on 24mm at f4 and mounted on an astrotrac.

There are 12 x 5 min subs at iso 800 together with darks and flats.

Perseus-02.jpg

and with labels

Perseus-03-labels.jpg

A mouse roll over version can be seen on my website at http://astrosnaps.co.uk/Perseus.html

Dave

Hi dave, That is one amazing photo, beautifull :)

It was a treat to look at this Dave, but when I scrolled down and saw the labelled version, that was fantastic. Really good to get a feel of scale and how big stuff is (or isn't as the case may be!!) - Very nice and informative as well - Thank you!

There are at least 3 sections of this image I would like to shoot with my 50mm, but what do I see? Cloud, cloud, cloud :-(

I managed to get some of it last night, though not very well. I'll post the image later. I wanted to try again tonight, but it's just the same here. The really irritating thing is that I can even see clear sky to the west, but we've been covered by cloud all day :(

James

Archived