Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

twist up eps

womblemaster

was discussing with someone today about the hole in reality that are baader hyperions.

Ive have owned both the zoom and wide abgle eps. I cant understand why they dont offer the wide angles with a twist up eyecup. imo would work well with the high eyepoint.

In the present format they suffer from blackouts....which could be solved with the twist up option.

I cant see why they havent already done this. AM i missing something obvious?

Surely am not alone on this?

It took me a while to work out that I needed to use the twist up eyecup on the Pentax XW's at more or less it's highest position. The eyepieces were not comfortable to use at all until I found that out.

This sort of thing often causes problems in eyepiece reviews - with people reporting that a particular range of eyepieces suffers from "kidney-beaning" when it might just be that they've not figured out the twist-up eyecup needs to be made use of...

This sort of thing often causes problems in eyepiece reviews - with people reporting that a particular range of eyepieces suffers from "kidney-beaning" when it might just be that they've not figured out the twist-up eyecup needs to be made use of...

Agreed. In this case the Pentax instructions (which I eventually read !) explain that the lower positioning of the eye cup is for those that wear glasses. It does pay to read the instructions sometimes :rolleyes2:

I cant see why they havent already done this. AM i missing something obvious?

Cost to manufacture.

Although useful it still adds to the cost and this would get passed on.

Someone has made the decision to not include it and make the eyepiece for less. Either you save by not having to pay for it or they make a bit more profit from each by not producing it.

Agreed. In this case the Pentax instructions (which I eventually read !) explain that the lower positioning of the eye cup is for those that wear glasses. It does pay to read the instructions sometimes :rolleyes2:

Men do not need to read instructions, we know everything :grin: ........... repeat after me......... I don't do manuals. :grin: :grin:

there's presumably a benefit to having an eye shade when the eye cup is well up?

I see I was not on my own when it came to reading the instruction then, John and Shane? In the case of the Delos, to me it is not obvious and I am always a reluctant to just start twisting things, you never know what may fall off.

I find it interesting that two of the people on site whos opinion I rate highly are not dis-similar to me, eyepiece how hard can it be.

Alan.

Men do not need to read instructions, we know everything :grin: ........... repeat after me......... I don't do manuals. :grin: :grin:

I worked with plenty of guys like that, needles to say, they are still roughnecks, or else progressed slightly further and became fast food vendors..... RTFM! :)

Archived