Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I don't do planetary, but...Jupiter and Europa with camcorder + EP

Tim

Took these sequences the other night with my camcorder screwed onto a Hyperion zoom EP.

Europa approaching as its shadow touches the right hand side, with GRS.

The nice thing about this method is that the camcorder screen displays a better image of Jupiter than you get at the EP, and for showing the planet to friends and neighbours etc it makes things very easy.

C11, Hyperion Mkiii Zoom EP, Canon Legria camcorder.

Would probably help if I knew how to process the avi, but its a start :)

Cheers

Tim

post-1391-0-60687200-1349469258_thumb.jp

I think you'd be really surprised at the results given the single shot frame you've shown here.

Install Registax 5 (or 6) and follow some of the tutorials, there are a few on youtube and see how you get on - when you get the final result (post wavelets) you won't be disappointed.

Whoops, just to clarify, this IS a stacked image, although to be fair to the original movie some of the frames are nearly as sharp as this.

I ran it through Avistack, I just dont know how to mess with the dials properly :)

Cheers anyway!

I could upload it somewhere perhaps? Quite a big file.

It is in high res AVCHD (*.MTS) format. I converted it to an avi, hopefully losslessly via Prism (actually it got larger), cut a section out with Virtualdub, and then put that into Avistack. I'm sure that if only the sharper frames were selected then the end result might be sharper, but it seems to be the devils own work to get the settings right :s

How long time wise is acceptable before planetary rotation causes blurring? I could cut a section of the avi of the appropriate length and upload that?

Thanks for the offer :)

Tim

Archived