NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Free courses.

wookie1965

Hi SallyStar,

I was told about this thread last night and have been on the coursera website but can't find out how to get a free course. Can you please advise how to sign up to the introduction to Astronomy or the Galaxies and Cosmology courses for free.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi SallyStar,

I was told about this thread last night and have been on the coursera website but can't find out how to get a free course. Can you please advise how to sign up to the introduction to Astronomy or the Galaxies and Cosmology courses for free.

I followed the link that was on wookie1965 first post. It brings up a list of all the courses and once I

found the right one I entered my information and that was all I needed to do.

I have had an email to say I'm on the course so I think it worked!

It doesn't start until the end of November so time will tell!

Thanks for the guidance. I am now signed up for the intro course and the cosmology one at present. My son read physics at uni so I am hoping he will be able to help me with the maths in the Cosmology course but I might chicken out before it starts...........

Thanks for the guidance. I am now signed up for the intro course and the cosmology one at present. My son read physics at uni so I am hoping he will be able to help me with the maths in the Cosmology course but I might chicken out before it starts...........

Where would we be without our sons as I am relying on mine to help me with the Maths too :)

tried to sign up for the astronomy course but keep getting an error message, i`ll try again later.....i`ll probably fail it anyway due to the maths but at least i can learn something along the way, i`ll try and brush up on the maths before the course starts

Just signed up too. My current contract is due to end at the end of November, and as December is generally a quiet month, I'm not expecting to find any more work this year, so perfect timing for me. I have managed to just about work through the maths examples, but I wonder how well my 32 year old maths O level is going to hold up :-p

Archived