NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Free courses.

wookie1965

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Enjoyed the lectures, the homework took some thought! Got there in the end though and looking forward to week 2.

The forums on the course website are a useful resource if, like me, you need a hint or 3 with the homework problems. :)

Not in the least - the video lectures go live at 5GMT on a Monday and you have exactly one week to watch them, and complete and submit the homework relating to those lectures. The homework is in the form of online quizzes and automatically graded, I think the course pass mark is 70%.

I just wondered how everyone is getting on now that the first week of the course has started
.. I'm probably one of the first to quit! yay a quitter.. I watched all the 1st weeks videos, did the first part of the coursework and got to the second part and realized I'd have to go back and watch them all again. I just don't feel like I've got the time right now or that it's not worth staying up until 2 to get it done. Still the first week set of videos was pretty good and I feel like I got a lot out of them, a good start on learning about this hobby. With more time I'd love to have another go sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

I just enrolled for the Introduction to Computational Finance and Financial Econometrics. I work in that industry and need a set number of hours annually to maintain standards, so will see if its relevent. If not, nothing lost so wth, nice find wookie

Oh dear, just realised this is all about using computerised modelling tools, think the name of the course should have told me that....

methinks I shall actually skip this one.

Anyway, for the rest of you, these courses will be run again and again. The idea is to lure you into paying several thousand pounds for a course that gains a credential by teasing you with much simpler starter courses. (Yes these are much simpler, I have seen these before) So dp your calculas course before going onto the next one on astronomy, it'll still be here next year in some form or another

Baz

Archived