200p dobsonian

i got the 250 px bcause i knew that if i had the 200 i would always be thinking what as the 250 like and it is just at the portable end of the scale for me,

really depends on what you want it for portability,just for the garden what type of observing,every 1 i have spoke to who has the 200 say its a very capable scope so dont think you will be disappointed

They only come in one size :)

It's not really a case of what size people would recommend, to be honest. It's more a case of what fits your budget, what space you have available to store it and whether you can manage the weight of it. How much detail you'd like to see in any given object fits in there somewhere too, but is more tricky to measure.

James

depending on how quick your looking at buying one and your budget there is one for sale SH on astrobuysell, 200p with full revalation eye piece kit, telrad finder observing chair, righ angled finder and one or two other bits all for £275!!

i spoke to the guy the other night i was going to buy it but decided to keep my 250px

the 200p is a cracking scope, you wont regret it! good luck in your search

Hi Arran, the flex tube version of the 200p also comes without a goto I believe ? Obviously costs a bit more than the solid tube version. The last 2 Dobs on my last scope buying list were the 200p and the 250p. In the end I went for the 200p solid tube version and have not regretted the purchase as my last scope was a 130p and the difference was quite huge. All Sky-watcher dobs come highly recommended from the 130 Heritage, 150p, 200p and 250p and all are available to the budget conscious astronomer. Also these dobs come up for sale used quite a lot too. Good luck with your search.

Arran, if possible go to a local club and have a look at the scopes that are there and are used.

When I read this I have the feeling that you need to learn a bit more then make a choice.

Where in the UK are you, assuming you are in the UK?

One of the SGL groups may be close enough to arrange a meet up.

Archived