Jupiter GRS & Io transit Aug 31st

Space Cowboy

lovely images....and very quick posting! I am still transferring mine off the obs laptop into the house from this morning. I have some good reference images here to know what I should expect. Excellent detail on both images- Io is nicely captured

Stewart

Thanks guys! Ist image was done without drizzle so it looks a tad over cooked unfortunately the cloud had already drifted over so that avi was not the best though for a while it looked like that would be the only one lol.

By the time the sky had cleared (though not completely) at 5.40 ish the secondary had dewed up so had to remove the OTA shrowd and blast secondary with hair dryer. Not ideal removing shroud when daylight is coming.

Its a shame as I would have gotten a nice sequence of transit shots but alas the sky never co-operates.

ok, here is the 1st image using drizzle. Still not great but a bit more subtle.

gallery_4016_230_21247.png

nice shot stuart , its just as i saw it at the eyepiece in the big mak at a40x how was the seeing with you? up and down here in wales, say it again nice image will have a go myself later when i get new focuser regards stuy

nice shot stuart , its just as i saw it at the eyepiece in the big mak at a40x how was the seeing with you? up and down here in wales, say it again nice image will have a go myself later when i get new focuser regards stuy

it was of course 240x!!!

Thanks Ronaldo and Karlo ! Cannot wait for Jupiter to get bigger, its tough at the moment getting much resolution unless seeing is very good

Yep Dont forget brightness levels too Stuart which is affecting noise levels for us at the moment with smaller optics. This will change fairly soon. As jupiter gets bigger and brighter. Nice other shots posted, showing quite fine details

Thanks Virgoman.

Cheers Neil, yep when Jup is brighter I shall be upping the fl to f30 ish. These shots were at 70% gain with 30fps. Never went above f26 last year but after shooting Mars at f50 I'm confident of tackling the f30s provided the big fella will stay on the CCD!

But for the cloud losing half my session I would have gotten a nice animation Dror. :smiley:

Archived