Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nikon D80 exposure time.

Davie

Hello all

My wife had a D80 and I was going to pinch a shot for trying some DSO imaging. After having a play about it looks like the maximum exposure time is 30 seconds.

Can something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260896952607?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_4797wt_954

increase the exposure time as claimed or will it still be limited by the camera?

I hope that makes sense :rolleyes:

Sorry for the long link but it kept messing up when I tried to shorten it :huh:

Davie

Thanks for the replies :D

The only problem i can see with bulb mode is the fact you have to keep the button pressed in for the duration of the shot but with one of the timer controls youd only have to do it once and it would take the amount of exposures you wanted and for the specific time you set

This my be another of those times when I'm wrong though :wacko:

Sent from somewhere using something.

Unless you have the camera mounted on a tracking mount you may well find that you start to get star trailing with exposures of longer than thirty seconds. Which is fine if you want them, but not quite so fine if you don't :)

James

Due to the non edit situation I was going to add that my link was cheaper.

I don't know for sure re the D80 but I think they work with all the other Nikon cameras. I can't see it not working.

Dave.

I have a D80.. Be aware there's quite a lot of amp glow on long exposures so grab plenty of darks

Thanks for that, all info like this is useful :D

Im using it as its the camera we already have and with so much to learn Im going to have a potter about with it before i consider buying something else.

Sent from somewhere using something.

Archived